By Raymond B. Hames and William T. Vickers (Auth.)
Read Online or Download Adaptive Responses of Native Amazonians PDF
Similar environmental economics books
Rules selling pro-poor agricultural progress are the main to aid nations in achieving the Millennium improvement pursuits specifically the objective of halving poverty and starvation by means of 2015. the general public zone, deepest area, and civil society agencies are operating to augment productiveness and competitiveness of the rural zone to minimize rural poverty and maintain the common source base.
Content material: bankruptcy 1 dealing with with self belief (pages 1–13): bankruptcy 2 components of Contractor Failure (pages 15–34): bankruptcy three elevate in undertaking measurement (pages 35–44): bankruptcy four swap in Geographic position (pages 45–55): bankruptcy five swap in kind of building (pages 57–64): bankruptcy 6 changing Key body of workers (pages 65–71): bankruptcy 7 Managerial adulthood (pages 73–81): bankruptcy eight Accounting structures (pages 83–91): bankruptcy nine comparing agreement Profitability (pages 93–100): bankruptcy 10 apparatus price keep watch over (pages 101–111): bankruptcy eleven Billing tactics (pages 113–119): bankruptcy 12 The Use and Misuse of pcs (pages 121–126): bankruptcy thirteen different issues (pages 127–135):
Rationing: it’s a wordand ideathat humans frequently detest and worry. well-being care specialist Henry Aaron has in comparison declaring the opportunity of rationing to shouting an obscenity in church. ” but societies actually ration meals, water, treatment, and gasoline for all time, with those that will pay the main getting the main.
- Corporate Truth: The Limits to Transparency
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Balancing Tomorrow's Sustainability and Today's Profitability
- Supporting the Development of R&D and the Innovation Potential of Post-Socialist Countries (Nato Science Series)
- Consumer Society: Critical Issues & Environmental Consequences
- Business Economics
Extra resources for Adaptive Responses of Native Amazonians
Children's toy Edible fruit, palm heart Edible fruit Edible fruit Minor legume Minor legume Edible fruit Major root crop Root crop, relative of arrowroot Serving bowls Purple flower for "sun to look at" Edible nut See pamoko Edible fruit Typing fiber Water jugs Any small, sweet fruit with a seed tuberosus ? 59. 4 Continued Machiguenga name Common name ? 65. shimanteki 66. shimasheri 67. shinki 68. shinti 69. shirina 70. 71. 72. 73. shovnaki tamviapini imfi tere/co 74. fiuana 75. is/garo 76. 77.
7. nonkogakerora kametiri kipatsi—"I select good land" nonkarasetakerora—"I clear it" nompotakerora—"I bum it" nompankitakerora—"I plant it" nontsamaitakotakerora—"I cultivate (weed) it" nogakerora shinki—"I harvest maize" nompireatakerora nogakerora ovatsa nogakemparora—"I cut and harvest manioc" 8. nompankitairo pashini sekatsi—"I replant manioc" 9. tera nompankitairo aikyiro—"I will not plant any more" We shall proceed to examine each phase of this process more carefully. Then, we shall attempt to characterize the average horticultural behavior of a typical Machiguenga settlement.
Theobroma cacao Coffee arabica Allium sp Gynerium sagittatum ? Coca Peanut Sugar cane 14. intsipa 15. iratsipini ivinishi kasanL·ri kemi kepia Scientific name 7 Erythroxylon coca Arachis hypogaea Saccharum officinarum ? Inga sp. 7 7 Citrus limon ? Sedge (piri-piri) 7 7 7 Dichromena ciliata and Cyperus sp. Mentha spicata Cymbopogon citrarus Cucurbita sp. 7 7 Barbasco Barbasco Lonchocarpus sp. ) Anaesthetic Minor food Beverage, candy Leaves for steaming fish Edible fruit in pods Medicine protects males from female pollution Edible fruit Chicken feed Medicinal herb Medicinal herb Medicinal herb Minor food Leaves used in manu facture ?