By Dennis Longley
Read or Download Data & Computer Security: Dictionary of standards concepts and terms PDF
Similar comptia books
Wisdom of quantity idea and summary algebra are pre-requisites for any engineer designing a safe internet-based process. in spite of the fact that, many of the books at present to be had at the topic are aimed toward practitioners who simply need to know how a few of the instruments in the marketplace paintings and what point of safeguard they convey.
Enable me begin by means of announcing that this day I took the 220-701, the 1st of the mandatory checks. I handed with a ranking of 775, which as top i will determine correlates to among eighty five and ninety on a a hundred element scale. My examine was once completely self-directed and consisted of utilizing 4 various books, the A+ video sequence from okay Alliance and examination prep software program from [.
Personal home page is the world’s preferred open resource net scripting language, put in on virtually 17 million domain names around the globe (www. Hypertext Preprocessor. net/usage. php). it truly is enjoyed through newcomers and embraced through complicated clients. This ebook deals builders a whole consultant to taking either protecting and proactive protection techniques inside of their personal home page functions.
The examine scope of database protection has improved enormously, as a result of speedy improvement of the worldwide inter-networked infrastructure. Databases aren't any longer stand-alone structures which are basically available to inner clients of firms. in its place, permitting selective entry from various safety domain names has develop into a needs to for lots of enterprise practices.
- JAVA 2 Network Security (2nd Edition)
- Network Security Evaluation Using the NSA IEM
- Advances in Enterprise Information Technology Security, Edition: illustrated edition
- Formal Correctness of Security Protocols (Information Security and Cryptography)
- The Security Risk Assessment Handbook: A Complete Guide for Performing Security Risk Assessments
Additional resources for Data & Computer Security: Dictionary of standards concepts and terms
See AUTHENTICATION, AUTHENTICATION ALGORITHM. authentication exchange. In authentication, a mechanism intended to ensure the identity of an entity by means of information exchange. See ACCESS CONTROL, AUTHENTICATION, DYNAMIC PASSWORD. authentication key. In authentication, a cryptographic key designed to be known only to the correspondent parties. When this key and the text of the message are applied to the authentication algorithm the result will be the message authentication code. (ANSI). 9, AUTHENTICATION, AUTHENTICATION ALGORITHM, AUTHENTICATOR KEY, MESSAGE AUTHENTICATION CODE.
1) In computer security, the means used to identify or verify the eligibility of a station, originator or individual to access specific categories of information. (FIPS). See ACCESS CONTROL. (2) In authentication, a symbol, a sequence of symbols or a series of bits that are arranged in a predetermined manner and are usually inserted at a predetermined point within a message or transmission for the authentication of the message or transmission. The authenticator is often a function of the complete message, or at least the security sensitive parts of it, and a secret key.
Authentication consists of a digital signature, which is based on the contents of the message and the identity of the sender. Both the sender and receiver have exchanged a set of bilateral keys before transmission. The digital signature, known as the authenticator, will change if even a single bit is changed in the contents of the message. As such, when it is recalculated by the receiver and compared with the authenticator provided by the sender, the authenticity of the contents, as well as the authenticity of the sender, is guaranteed.