By Christiane Kraus (auth.)
The theoretical claims for eco-tariffs are carefully analyzed inside of a unified framework shaped of a global alternate version enriched with either a household and a world externality. through the process the research the version is changed to research an array of contexts for which eco-tariffs were claimed to enhance environmental caliber or welfare. The conditions and prerequisites are characterized lower than which such price lists should be proven to enhance environmental caliber and social welfare, taking account of normal equilibrium results. The theoretical effects are utilized in a coverage research of eco-tariffs and different exchange tools within the context of household and worldwide environmental coverage with a view to investigate the relevance of the eco-tariffs which have been subjected to the theoretical research. ultimately, the GATT/WTO ideas and laws are awarded, seeing that up to now those have banned using eco-tariffs. the foundations and rules are mapped opposed to the theoretical effects to teach which principles must be changed.
Read or Download Import Tariffs as Environmental Policy Instruments PDF
Similar environmental books
Environmental chemistry is a brand new, quick constructing technological know-how aimed toward decoding primary mechanisms ruling the behaviour of toxins in ecosystems. utilising this information to present environmental matters ends up in the remediation of environmental media, and to new, low power, low emission, sustainable methods.
This ebook takes a long term view of environmental coverage in Poland, which hence serves to illustrate to extend our realizing of environmental coverage making ordinarily within the former japanese bloc nations. the point of view followed additionally comprises the pre-transition interval, because the transformation strategy can't be understood with no connection with the previous interval.
The nineteenth annual assembly of the eu Environmental Mutagen Society used to be held in Rhodes, Greece, from October twenty first to twenty sixth, 1989. The programme used to be selected to discover what's at present identified in regards to the mechanisms of mutagenesis and carcinogenesis, caused through environmental brokers, and the questions in regards to the dating of those strategies.
- From Environmental to Comprehensive Security (SpringerBriefs on Pioneers in Science and Practice)
- Polychlorinated Dibenzo-p-dioxins and -furans (PCDDs/PCDFs): Sources and Environmental Impact, Epidemiology, Mechanisms of Action, Health Risks
- Environmental Informatics: Methodology and Applications of Environmental Information Processing
- Easter Island: Scientific Exploration into the World’s Environmental Problems in Microcosm
Extra info for Import Tariffs as Environmental Policy Instruments
2. Eco-tariffs to Avoid Eco-dumping and ERTB 29 competitiveness effects of internationally differing environmental policy measures, do they provide incentives for countries with lower environmental standards to improve environmental regulation? 4. SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS Our survey of empirical evidence regarding eco-dumping and ERTB shows that there is little indication that differences in the stringency of environmental regulation across countries seriously harms competitiveness of industries subject to higher environmental standards.
Furthermore, production isoquants are no longer tangential on the new efficiency locus. ~ Figure 3-1. e. the difference in the factor intensities in the two sectors is reduced, yet not reversed. x remains the capital-intensive good. e. factor intensities are reversed. In that case, y becomes capital-intensive as a consequence of environmental regulation 4 • Finally, if a negative tax would be levied on capital use in the x sector, the contract curve would be moved further to the south east (not shown).
At end points, the two production possibility frontiers coincide which reflects the fact that for complete specialisation, environmental regulation by means of a tax has no allocative effect. S On the question of the slope of the production possibility frontier in the presence of taxes that distort the factor market see Bhagwati & Srinivasan , Herberg & Kemp  and Jones . For graphic representations of the effects of the environmental tax g on capital in the x sector, we shall assume that the shape of the production possibility frontier does in fact remain concave to the origin.