By Elena Burlakova, Valeria Naiditch
The papers gathered during this ebook express the result of investigations played via Russian scientists within the box of low dose irradiation motion. it's proven that low doses do affect the human organism and the surroundings and that the main critical effects are saw within the a ways post-irradiation interval. This department of radiobiology, which built after the Chernobyl coincidence and studied its results, is mentioned intimately. the most a part of stories and articles is dedicated to the elements of low dose results at the human and animal genome and much post-irradiation effects. New info of mechanisms of low dose motion are proven and techniques in their choice are mentioned. additionally, the adaptive reaction of organisms and the low dose results at the immune approach are proven. additionally, the adaptation among security mechanisms opposed to low dose irradiation and opposed to excessive dose irradiation is proven and proved.
Read Online or Download The effects of low dose radiation : new aspects of radiobiological research prompted by the Chernobyl nuclear disaster PDF
Similar atomic & nuclear physics books
The aim of this text is to check spontaneous emission from numerous diverse viewpoints, even supposing a wide a part of it will likely be dedicated to the quantum statistical theories of spontaneous emission that have been built lately, and to discussing the interrelations between diversified methods.
- Molecular vibrations : the theory of infrared and Raman vibrational spectra
- The Chemistry of Superheavy Elements
- Quantum Chemistry of Solids: The LCAO First Principles Treatment of Crystals (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences)
- Quantum Theory: A Wide Spectrum
- Electron Scattering in Solid Matter: A Theoretical and Computational Treatise (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences)
- Introduction to High-Energy Heavy-Ion Collisions
Extra info for The effects of low dose radiation : new aspects of radiobiological research prompted by the Chernobyl nuclear disaster
An unexpected detection of lymphocytes with multiple chromosome aberrations in the blood of two spacemen after 6 months in  and similar results obtained by Obe et al. , regenerated interest in radiation genesis of MAC. These researchers suggested that multiple chromosome aberrations in lymphocytes of astronauts were induced by high-energy heavy particles of cosmic radiation. Present results are obtained in the course of 10-year investigation of cytogenetic effects induced by low doses of irradiation.
1 mGylh), the same may be stated with respect to reproductive effects. 4 Gy/year) dose rate or higher [7, 8]. 0 Sv/year irradiation doses may be expected. They may produce real radiobiological effects on spacemen as well as on microorganisms, plants and animals forming biocenosis of a spacecraft. In this study the results of cytogenetic examinations of spacemen participated in space flights at the MIR station and ISS are compared with analysis results of cytogenetic effects in human beings exposed to irradiation in different radiation situations on the Earth.
6. An assessment of possible genetic and carcinogenic irradiation-induced consequences may be made for various groups of irradiated persons basing on doses accumulated in them and calculated with the help of biological dosimetry methods. REFERENCES 1. United Nations. Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation. 4, 2000, United Nations, New York. 2. , Biological Effects ofHigh-Energy Protons, Ed. G. Grigoryev, 1967, Moscow, Atomizdat, pp. 8- 21. (Rus) 3. Bender MA, Awa AA, Brooks AL. , Mutat. , 1988, vol.